Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hanoi, Vietnam- Day Two 12 December 2015

Halo humans! I'm back with the update on my second day in Hanoi! Woke up early for breakfast because we were going to another province to have some real fun. haha Fyi, we stayed at Larosa Hotel on the first, second and fourth night of the trip. The hotel provided good service, and the wifi was really fast. haha The breakfast wise was simple yet satisfying and they served pho too! omg

Check out Day One in Hanoi, if you haven't! :)



View from the rooftop restaurant. Less busy moment in Hanoi.



On our way to Ninh Binh province, around 100km south of Hanoi. It is known as Vietnam's "Inland Halong Bay" among travelers. 
The journey to Ninh Binh took about three hours or so, due to the speed limit on high way. They do drive indeed crazily, but slow and steady. Oh one more thing, they honk and honk and honk and honk........ Just keep honking yo. When they want the other drivers to be alert of something..?

Vietnamese's wedding gift. 
Its skin is made with the mixture of rice and coconut flesh strips, and the filling is made of greenbeans. The texture of the skin is somewhat like jelly, very interesting texture. It tastes awesome if served cold!

Then, we paid a visit at the Temples of the Dinh King and Le King, which are located at Hoa Lu Ancient Citadel. 

She wanted to take a photo with da buffalo.

Fyi, at that moment, the weather was similar to Malaysia's. Around 25°C, which was kind of hot and sunny. Not chilly at all.









The structure of the temple was so amazing. As I stepped into the temple, as if a breeze coming to me. The interior of the temple was design to adapt to the local weather at an optimum level. At that time, inside the temple was so chilly as if air-conditioning. 

Yeap, very sunny there.




There was a story regarding one of the kings. 
He was a farm boy who work in the paddy field with buffaloes. Then, he was smart in using strategies during wars and so people made him to become the king. After that, he reunited the country under the name of Dai Co Viet and Hoa Lu was the capital. Thus, a lot of buffaloes can be seen around. (that summary tho hahaha)

Another king's temple.

To be honest, it is interesting to know that in really olden days, the people worshiped their kings. Well, just a thought from me.


After visiting the temples, we headed for lunch. Yay!


Look like a resort to me. haha

Some appetizers, I assumed.

Spice tea. 
I kind of like it, it was mild yet refreshing.



This pork tasted like Nyonya Pongteh. 

My lovely spring rolls. yummmmmss!


Beef and Pineapple Soup. 
Actually, I have no idea where was the oil came from. It was kind of spicy due to the oil, otherwise quite good I would say.

Fried Boneless Chicken

Da famous lamb, saute with lemon grass. The lamb was tender and yet due to too much lemon grass, it had overwhelmed the lamb original taste. It didn't taste bad, but I think could be better. 


That dog, model wannabe eh.



After our lunch, we headed to Tam Coc caves to take the sampan ride along the stream.

Let the ride begins. 
*my mom and lil sis were the first who boarded the sampan*

Thrilling ride in the caves. There were around three or four caves that we had pass by. The last one was the longest and darkest one. hahaha More of that in my sc video at the end of the post.


Our bro was working hard to 'drive' the sampan, as my elder sis and me weren't light at all. Good work bro. lol *spot my mom and lil sis on the right sampan*

My face is really big. omg


There wasn't much overwhelming scenery I would say, but the tranquility was something I would go for. 

The ride took about an hour or more. It was thrilling and fun and my ass hurt, because sitting for too long on the wood seat. loll Then........ 

My mom and lil sis were the last one who came back yet the first who started off. LOL Nice one bro, who worked hard to 'move' the sampan.

After that, we headed back to Hanoi again, another three hours plus journey home. Before that, we had our dinner first, of course.


Appetizer.

Pho, my love.





Fried Prawns coated with Panda flavoured cereals. Very creative dish hahaha.


Dessert of the night, Crème brûlée


That's all for day two. In day three we were heading for Halong Bay and stayed for one night! More journey in coming post! Stay tuned!


omg, I can't believe 2015 is hitting its end in few days. What I have done..................




take care, loveya'll,
xoxo,





No comments:

Post a Comment